menu
Live

[Poimen] Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples by Francis Chan

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 이주훈
조회 1,059회 작성일 22-01-27 21:03

본문

I moved to the bay area in 2011 and started look for a church. Even though I lived in San Jose and it took more than an hour to drive up to San Francisco, I really liked the worship and sermon at Cornerstone church near the Dolores park. Because I like that Church so much, I started to make my weekend plans to stop by SF to attend Sunday morning service and spend the afternoon either in the city or drive further up to Marin, Sausalito, Tiburon, Tamalpais, Sonoma and Napa. 

One of my best friends from college visited me at that time, so I took my friend to Cornerstone church on Sunday, so we can spend time in SF afterwards. I remember telling my friend how much I like the senior pastor and his messages while we were driving on 101. When we arrived at Church, I noticed that there was a guest pastor for the day, someone I've never seen or heard of before. I was a little disappointed because I really wanted my friend to be able to listen to the sermon from the senior pastor, but we sat down and started to worship together. When it was time for a sermon, a bald guy stepped up to the podium and started to preach. He talked passionately about his vision, a church where ordinary individual Christians are being trained to be disciples. "Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”" Matthew 28, 18-20. He emphasized the effect of multiplying, disciples making disciples. It's been more than 10 years now, and I don't remember all the things he said, but I do remember this. I asked my friend how he thought of the church and the pastor as we were walking out after the service. He said, "This is the best sermon I've heard in my life, and I am really touched by the message. Who is this guy? I really liked him". I replied, "I don't know. His name is Francis Chan? Looks like he was just visiting for a day, but yes. I agree his sermon was really good.". That was my first encounter with Francis Chan, and that strong first impression resonated within me for a long time.

It's been many years since then, and my memory about Francis Chan almost faded away. I was assigned to read his book, Multiply as part of Doulos class at Saenuri church. I immediately recognized his name. I was never excited about reading a Christian book in my life. However, this book was an exception, because it was written by the pastor that left me a such touching memory. I appreciated the opportunity to read his book and really enjoyed the first time, and I became a big fan of pastor Francis Chan.  

I just finished reading the book for the second time, as part of the assignment for Poimen class. Just reading this book is already great, but I really think this book is designed to be read together as a group for open discussion and learning from others. The intention of this book is to read with someone whom you would like to share the gospel. By reading this book together with someone else, that person will get a chance to learn about the bible and its important messages, becoming a new disciple. Then that person can make another disciple by reading this book with another person, multiplying the number of disciples. I pray that I can read this book in the future with someone whom God wants me to share the gospel with, and God opens that person's heart to become a Jesus' disciple. 

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.